Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First Blog!

Ok well we will see how this goes!  I have decided that my love of food was too much for Facebook.  Facebook is for quick accounts of whats going on with my circle friends and not for reading about every tip, trick and detail of the food I LOOOOOVE to make.  That being said...  YAY FOR MY FIRST BLOG!

Let me start of by telling you a little about myself.  I am 30 years old, I live in Texas, with my boyfriend Jeremy and our 4 fur babies, but spent most of my life in NJ and have been a vegetarian since I was 13 years old.  I am a graphic designer by day and foodie by night!  I have a passion for being creative and cooking food is the perfect outlet. 

The reason for this blog is to feature the food i make, the awesome places I love to eat, tips, tricks and anything else I can think of.  Being a vegetarian I sometimes struggle to make NEW food.  Not just the same thing all the time.  I like to change it up, figure out a way to make something non-vegetarian into something I can eat, or even try to dig through the crap in the fridge and come up with something delicious.  And this isnt just for vegetarians -- its for anyone that loves good food.  My boyfriend is most certainly NOT a vegetarian but he will be the first to tell you that good food is good food and it doesnt have to have meat in it to be delicious.

(NOTE: don't read this blog for grammatical correctness... its not gonna happen. Also, I do eat fish so you'll see plenty of that on here as well)

I hope you enjoy - I am open to suggestions - and to start things off... we are gonna talk Shrimp and Grits!  Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment